friedrich paulus Quotes
Friedrich Paulus QuotesBirth Date: 1890-09-23 (Tuesday, September 23rd, 1890)
Date of Death: 1957-02-01 (Friday, February 1st, 1957)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
friedrich paulus life timeline
|World War II: Battle of StalingradGeneral Friedrich Paulus sends Adolf Hitler a telegram saying that the German 6th army was surrounded.||Sunday, November 22nd, 1942|
- Troops without ammunition or food. Effective command no longer possible. 18,000 wounded without any supplies or dressings or drugs. Further defence senseless. Collapse inevitable. Army requests immediate permission to surrender in order to save lives of remaining troops.
- The Sixth Army, true to their oath and conscious of the lofty importance of their mission, have held their position to the last man and the last round for Fuhrer and Fatherland unto the end.
- You are talking to dead men here.
- Everything you say, Reichenau, is totally unmilitaristic.
- I have no intention of shooting myself for that Bohemian corporal.
- What hurts me the most, personally, is that I still promoted him to field marshal. I wanted to give him this final satisfaction... a man like that besmirches the heroism of so many others at the last moment. He could have freed himself from all sorrow and ascended into eternity and national immortality, but he prefers to go to Moscow.
- A very clever man though perhaps not a very strong character.
- He is at pains to avoid making enemies. He is slow, but very methodical. He displays marked tactical ability, though he is inclined to spend overmuch time on his appreciation.
- Surrender is forbidden. Sixth Army will hold their positions to the last man and the last round and by their heroic endurance will make an unforgettable contribution toward the establishment of a defensive front and the salvation of the Western world.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On September 23rd||Who Also Died On February 1st|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net