heywood broun Quotes
Heywood Broun Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- Being a well-dressed man is a career, and he who goes in for it has no time for anything else.
- In the march up to the heights of fame, there comes a spot close to the summit in which a man reads nothing but detective stories.
- Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
- Brotherhood is not just a Bible word. Out of comradeship can come and will come the happy life for all.
- Everybody favors free speech in the slack moments when no axes are being ground.
- I doubt whether the world holds for any one a more soul-stirring surprise than the first adventure with ice-cream.
- Sports do not build character. They reveal it.
- The ability to make love frivolously is the chief characteristic which distinguishes human beings from beasts.
- The great threat to the young and pure in heart is not what they read but what they don't read.
- The most casual examination will reveal the fact that all the jokes about the horrible results of masculine cooking and sewing are written by men. It is all part of a great scheme of sex propaganda.
- The tragedy of life is not that man loses but that he almost wins.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On
|Who Also Died On
Copyright © www.quotesby.net