cecil day lewis Quotes
Cecil Day Lewis Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- Is it birthday weather for you, dear soul? Is it fine your way
- It's hard to believe a spirit could die Of such generous glow
- Put out the lights now! Look at the Tree, the rough tree dazzled In oriole plumes of flame, Tinselled with twinkling frost fire, tasselled With stars and moons
- So feast your eyes now On mimic star and moon-cold bauble: Worlds may wither unseen, But the Christmas Tree is a tree of fable, A phoenix in evergreen
- Who will say farewell? The beating bell. Will anyone miss me? That I dare not tell - Quick, Rose, and kiss me.
- Tempt me no more, for I Have known the lightning's hour, The poet's inward pride, The certainty of power.
- I have had worse partings, but none that so Gnaws at my mind still.
- They who in folly or mere greed Enslaved religion, markets, laws, Borrow our language now and bid Us to speak up in freedom's cause.
- It is the logic of our times, No subject for immortal verse- That we who lived by honest dreams Defend the bad against the worse.
- Nigel's six feet sprawled all over the place; his gestures were nervous and little uncouth; a lock of sandy coloured hair dropping over his forehead, and the deceptive naivete of his face in repose gave him a resemblance to an overgrown prep. schoolboy. His eyes were the same blue as his uncle's, but shortsighted and noncommittal. Yet there was an underlying similarity between the two. A latent, sardonic humor in their conversation, a friendliness and simple generosity in their smiles, and that impression of energy in reserve which is always given by those who possess an abundance of life directed towards consciously-realised aims.
cecil day lewis
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On
|Who Also Died On
Copyright © www.quotesby.net