begum inaara aga khan Quotes
Begum Inaara Aga Khan Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- Families are the best place to learn and practice mutual tolerance and acceptance.
- 'Tolerance' is not only the acceptance that people, as diverse they may be, have the right to be as they are and to live in peace together. Tolerance-in the context of business-is also the recognition that to get what you want, you have to give something in return.
- People of different ethnic and religious backgrounds were able to do business together despite language and other barriers. They recognized that to get what they wanted; they had to give something in return. There was a form of partnership based on mutual benefit. That partnership was underpinned by 'tolerance'.
- Business is globalizing so fast that it has led to the often quoted 'clash of civilizations'. People simply have not had time to get to know and understand people of other cultures sufficiently to live and work in harmony.
- This 'Clash of Civilizations' has led to a 'Clash of Religions', leading in turn to war, terror and extreme poverty.
- If Western firms pay developing countries' suppliers' starvation wages in order to feed the West's ever increasing consumer demand, can we call that 'partnership'?
- The development of a country has to start at the foundation of the society, the 'family'.
- The most powerful tool to lift families out of extreme poverty is to grant micro-loans to women.
- Micro-finance is a wonderful opportunity for businesses. By investing a small portion of their income in micro-finance projects, they not only take an active part in business ethics, but they also gain future business partners and consumers.
- We must not forget that mankind depends largely on animals, therefore we have a responsibilty for their welfare. If we destroy them - we destroy ourselves.
- charity begins in your own family. 'Charitable spirits' mustn't forget to keep their own slates clean, to address problems and inequities within their own four walls with decency and fairness before trying to make the world a better place. People who aren't willing to do that are not sincere in their claim to benevolence.
begum inaara aga khan
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On
|Who Also Died On
Copyright © www.quotesby.net