- Aliens invade the earth and threaten to obliterate it in a year's time unless human beings can find the Ramsey number for red five and blue five. We could marshal the world's best minds and fastest computers, and within a year we could probably calculate the value. If the aliens demanded the Ramsey number for red six and blue six, however, we would have no choice but to launch a preemptive attack.
- A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.
- God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on with the prime numbers.
- This one's from the Book!
- God has a Book where he maintains the best proofs of all mathematical theorems, proofs that are elegant and perfect... You don't have to believe in God, but you should believe in the Book.
- Vegre nem butulok tovabb
- I have no home, the world is my home.
- Television is something the Russians invented to destroy American education.
- My brain is open.
- Another roof, another proof.
- Let n be an integer.
- I hope we'll be able to solve these problems before we leave. And when I say 'before we leave', I mean 'before we die'.
- God is 'the Supreme Fascist.'