gautama buddha Quotes
Gautama Buddha Quotes
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- No one saves us but ourselves, no one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path but Buddhas clearly show the way.
- Behold now, Bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to decay. Strive with diligence!
- Sensual passions are your first army.
- ...I spit on my life.
- That army of yours,
- I will go about, from kingdom to kingdom,
- Open are the doors to the Deathless
- In a world become blind,
- True charity occurs only when there are no notions of giving, giver, or gift.
- We forgive principally for our own sake, so that we may cease to bear the burden of rancour.
- Rather than continuing to seek the truth, simply let go of your views.
- Therefore, be islands unto yourselves. Be your own refuge. Have recourse to none else for refuge. Hold fast to the Dharma as an island. Hold fast to the Dharma as a refuge. Resort to no other refuge. Whosoever, either now or after I am gone, shall be islands unto themselves, refuges unto themselves, shall seek no external refuge,it is they, among my disciples who shall reach the very topmost height! But they must be keen to progress.
- There is no wealth like knowledge, and no poverty like ignorance.
- The no-mind not-thinks no thoughts about no things.
- This existence of ours is as transient as autumn clouds,
- Know all things to be like this,
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
- People with opinions just go around bothering each other.
- There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.
- There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.
- Life is no more than a dewdrop balancing on the end of a blade of grass.
- Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Just as the candle won't be shortend, one's happiness never decreases by being shared.
- The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
- Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.
- If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.
- Let us all be thankful for this day, for we have learned a great deal; if we have not learned a great deal, then at least we learned slightly; if we did not learn slightly, then at least we did not become sick; if we did become sick, then at least we did not die. So, let us all be thankful.
- Desire is the cause for all your sickness and misery.
- It is your mind that creates this world.
- Zen proverbs
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net