elizabeth gaskell Quotes
Elizabeth Gaskell QuotesBirth Date: 1810-09-29 (Saturday, September 29th, 1810)
Date of Death: 1865-11-12 (Sunday, November 12th, 1865)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Trust a girl of sixteen for knowing well if she is pretty; concerning her plainness she may be ignorant.
- Were all men equal to-night, some would get the start by rising an hour earlier to-morrow.
- A wise parent humours the desire for independent action, so as to become the friend and adviser when his absolute rule shall cease.
- That kind of patriotism which consists in hating all other nations.
- People may flatter themselves just as much by thinking that their faults are always present to other people's minds, as if they believe that the world is always contemplating their individual charms and virtues.
- Economy was always 'elegant', and money-spending always 'vulgar and ostentatious'; a sort of sour-grapeism, which made us very peaceful and satisfied.
- A little credulity helps one on through life very smoothly.
- I'll not listen to reason:Reason always means what someone else has got to say.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On September 29th||Who Also Died On November 12th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net