- Gad, sir, Lord Beaverbrook is right! A conference should be held at once for the U. S. A. to pay back the money Europe owes her.
- 'The scum of the earth, I believe?' 'The bloody assassin of the workers, I presume?'
- Very well, alone.
- Gad, sir, Churchill is right. The Govt. has evidently made an irrevocable decision to be guided by circumstances with a firm hand.
- I have never met anyone who wasn't against war. Even Hitler and Mussolini were, according to themselves.
- It may well be, that the future historian, asked to point to the most characteristic expression of the English temper in the period between the two wars will reply without hesitation, 'Colonel Blimp'.