elizabeth i of england Quotes
Elizabeth I of England QuotesDate of Death: 1603-03-24 (Monday, March 24th, 1603)
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
elizabeth i of england life timeline
|Queen Elizabeth I of England has Mary Queen of Scots arrested.||Sunday, May 19th, 1568|
|Pope Pius V excommunicates Queen Elizabeth I of England.||Wednesday, February 25th, 1570|
|Mary I of Scotland goes on trial for conspiracy against Elizabeth I of England.||Tuesday, October 14th, 1586|
|Mary, Queen of Scots was executed at suspicion of having been involved in the Babington Plot to murder her cousin, Queen Elizabeth I of England.||Sunday, February 8th, 1587|
|Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex, rebels against Elizabeth I of Englandrevolt is quickly crushed.||Thursday, February 8th, 1601|
- Much suspected by me, Nothing proved can be, Quoth Elizabeth prisoner.
- This is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes.
- Kings were wont to honour philosophers, but if I had such I would honour them as angels that should have such piety in them that they would not seek where they are the second to be the first, and where the third to be the second and so forth.
- Though I be a woman yet I have as good a courage answerable to my place as ever my father had. I am your anointed Queen. I will never be by violence constrained to do anything. I thank God I am endued with such qualities that if I were turned out of the Realm in my petticoat I were able to live in any place in Christendom.
- I will make you shorter by the head.
- The use of the sea and air is common to all; neither can a title to the ocean belong to any people or private persons, forasmuch as neither nature nor public use and custom permit any possession thereof.
- Brass shines as fair to the ignorant as gold to the goldsmiths.
- I grieve and dare not show my discontent, I love and yet am forced to seem to hate, I do, yet dare not say I ever meant, I seem stark mute but inwardly do prate.
- My care is like my shadow in the sun, Follows me flying, flies when I pursue it, Stands and lies by me, doth what I have done. His too familiar care doth make me rue it. No means I find to rid him from my breast, Till by the end of things it be supprest. Some gentler passion slide into my mind, For I am soft and made of melting snow; Or be more cruel, love, and so be kind. Let me or float or sink, be high or low. Or let me live with some more sweet content, Or die and so forget what love ere meant.
- Must is not a word to be used to princes! Little man, little man, if your late father were here he would never dare utter such a word.
- Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor.
- God may forgive you, but I never can.
- My loving people,
- Mr Speaker,
- All my possessions for a moment in time.
- Although I may not be a lion, I am a lion's cub, and inherit many of his qualities; and as long as the King of France treats me gently he will find me as gentle and tractable as he can desire; but if he be rough, I shall take the trouble to be just as troublesome and offensive to him as I can.
- Better to be a begger and single than a queen and married.
- I am already bound unto an husband, which is the kingdom of England.
- I will have one mistress here, and no master! No man shall rule over me
- I would not open windows into men's souls.
- If thy heart fails thee, climb not at all.
- My lords, the past cannot be cured.
- She almost reluctantly learns to admire her strength and convictions as another powerful, determined woman.
- There is a small proportion betwixt a fool who useth not wit because he hath it not and him that useth it not when it should avail him.
- There is but one Lord, Jesus Christ. One faith. All else is a dispute over trifles.
- What will my enemies not say, that for the safety of her life a maiden queen could be content to spill the blood even of her own kinswoman?
- You are like my little dog. Whenever they see you, they know I am not far behind.
elizabeth i of england
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On March 24th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net